Saturday, May 26, 2012

This post is taken from Jill's blog...


My sister JaNae was diagnosed with colon cancer this past month.  It has been a roller coaster of emotions for our entire family.  I think we all go from being "Ok, we can deal with this" to breaking down in tears on a daily, hourly and minutely basis.
She had a resection surgery to remove the tumor this afternoon and is currently out of surgery and doing well.  Her husband and I have been texting back and forth and at one point I "may" have suggested that he ask now for a dog, because he will never get her to agree when she not on high doses of pain meds.  She said and I quote..."Hell No!  I'm not that drugged up."  So much for the new pet dog they could have called Rectum or Sphincter or something totally inappropriate like that in JaNae's honor.  
(yes...my family copes with tasteless humor)

JaNae will be in the hospital for the next 5-7 days and depending on the biopsy results from the surgery she may or may not have to have radiation and chemo.  We're really hoping she doesn't have to go through that.  Mostly because of the guilt we would feel when we refused to shave our heads in support.  Thank goodness she gave us Walker sisters the free pass on giving up our hair for her.  "If I have to look at myself ugly, the last thing I want to look at is you ugly too!"
(more inappropriate humor)

In the meantime, we are sending our love, support and prayers for JaNae.  
We love her.
We adore her.
We want her to feel better!

With her permission (well...I think I have her permission, I asked her husband), I'm posting a link to the blog her husband is writing to keep friends and loved-ones informed on her progress.

If you, like me, are a JaNae fan...leave her a comment and express your love and concern to her and her family.  It will assist her along with a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment