Friday, May 25, 2012

Down for the night

I just got home from the hospital and tucking in JaNae.  She is not feeling great.  She was able to eat a small cup of pudding and some ice cream.  I helped her get up and walk a few laps around the floor.  She was slow but did it.  While walking, she got the hiccups and I could tell that each one was very painful.

She brushed her teeth with a Justin Bieber toothbrush someone gave her in a care package.  It plays a song while you brush and she started really getting into it for a few seconds.  She even tried to shake her tail but the pain caused her to stop pretty fast.  She asked me to brush her hair for her... in 15 years of marriage, I've never brushed her hair.  It was nice but I didn't know how to get it into a neat little pony tail, so she had to do it and winced in pain at the effort.  She's even sore in her shoulders.  When she was in bed, we watched Modern Family on Hulu.  We love that show and laugh so hard every time.  This time, she was falling asleep during it and I could see that she'd pushed the button on her PCA.  She was so tired and sore after that little walk.  

I tried to take some photos of her walking and stuff but she had seen the blog and didn't like the ones I've posted so far. (I just want this blog to be real and "us"...nobody wears a prom dress to get a rectal resection... and she has no idea how great she looked walking along in that hospital gown.)  She also said it's a dang good thing I didn't post the photo of the pee bag and I promised I wouldn't put it on here tonight.  It sure is lonely at home without her.  Goodnight.  -Jeff

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there JaNae! Sounds like you are being a good sport and doing what all the smart hospital people tell you to do. Keep up the good work! Two days down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does she make it home? How are the kids doing? I hope she continues to improve. Hang in there! Love you!

    Michelle W

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doctor told us 5-7 days but we think he's used to older people with this disease that don't heal as fast. She doesn't want to be there for even a second longer than she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang you Jeff...here I sit bawling after reading this post. Thanks for brushing her hair, we Walkers are hair girls. I'm sorry Justin caused her pain, that was not his intention. He only wants to cheer her up! I love you both and wish I could be there to help. JaNae please know you are thought of all day long. I'm so sorry I missed your phone call last night, I was out getting pizza for my kids because I was too lazy to cook. I'll try again this morning. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for JaNae's speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JaNae, I feel like a horrible friend that we've not been in touch. Jeff thank you for sending the link. You sound like you're taking good care of her and as I remember JaNae is as feisty as ever so I think you will need restraints to keep her in there more than 3 days. Please keep us updated. You guys have a beautiful family. Jeff, I don't need to remind you how lucky a man you are to have JaNae. She's special and a dear friend. Praying for a quick recovery. To the Walkers, I miss you all and think of you often. V

    ReplyDelete