Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another update

I haven't posted for a few days, I know...  It's been one heck of a busy week for me.  I'm so glad JaNae's mom was able to be here with her.  JaNae called me after her mother had left and was very emotional, she was lonely.  I have noticed that when her mom is here, she and I seem to talk less.  I think it is because JaNae is either sleeping, or working on a project...  You would not believe the quilting she has done.  It's her therapy. (I think she should sell them to support her habit.)  If she quilts enough she might not need that psychiatrist after all.  I'm another story.  I need to find some more outlets for stress.  I was driving the other day and found I had chomped an entire pack of gum... one piece after another by the time I got to work.

The good thing is that JaNae has been feeling a bit better this round.  She was definitely less sick than last time and as of today she seems to be much improved.  The first 4 days after the infusion are bad.  She does have some neuropathy and can't touch anything cold at all.  I was filling the car with gas tonight at Maverick and she ran in to get a gallon of milk.  I noticed after we got home that she had wrapped the handle with napkins so she could hold on to it. 


On another note, our oldest found a wasp nest in the back yard fence.  He decided to take care of it with fireworks left over from the 4th of July.  Here he is in protective garb... and it actually worked.  The wasps are mo more. 


Thank you for the continued support and prayers.
-Jeff











1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Walker did not find that nest while we were visiting! The awesome things your kids will someday teach mine... I guess boys will be boys and I will have to deal with that. We love both of you so much! I know I write that everytime, but it's true. I wish I were closer to just sit with JaNae and help her quilt (although I don't know the first thing about it). Or to sit and listen to your hilaroius ER stories. We're always thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete