Saturday, February 23, 2013

The saddest thing I ever did see...



The saddest thing I ever did see

Was a woodpecker peckin' at a plastic tree. 

He looks at me, and "Friend", says he, 

"Things ain't as sweet as they used to be!"

-Shel Silverstein




Notice how healthy this plastic tree looks.


I have taken a lot of flack after killing my third bonsai tree.  I guess I just have not been able to give them the care they need.  My kids have teased me.  My daughter made me a bet that it would die and she won.  The kids love to remind me of how many I have killed,  but he final insult came this past week when JaNae gave me a plastic tree for my office.  I have sunk to a new low... and plastic does not provide the feng shui and zen that a real tree can provide.  Maybe once all of this cancer stuff is behind us I'll try again, but for now my office contains a dead bonsai... and a plastic one. 
Hope you are all well and happy.


This one... not so healthy...
-Jeff



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the really beautiful arrowhead sitting on the file cabinet...the plastic plant looks way better. Good call JaNae!

    ReplyDelete