Sunday, January 27, 2013

Still going strong...

We haven't posted for a while mostly because things have been uneventful. JaNae is still going strong and amazes me.  She does feel like garbage quite a bit but carries on with life and doing the things that need to be done.  Last night she did not sleep well  so she was up at 4am quilting and baking muffins for breakfast.  I've been sneakily trying to psychoanalyze her and figure her out.  I'm not very stealthy at it though because she always knows what I am doing.  I swear she can read my thoughts. I know there is quite a bit of anticipatory anxiety before chemo and I feel it myself as I watch her suffer... in fact I sometimes think the mental turmoil that goes along with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer is every bit as bad as the physical battle.  I hope I'm giving her the support and strength she needs.

People ask us all the time what they can do to help and I honestly am not sure what to say... our needs are met and we are living our lives and  making it one day at a time.  We appreciate everyone that has brought in meals, offered prayers, dropped gifts  on our doorstep, or dropped by to check on us.  We are so thankful to have so many friends and people who care so much...  Thank to all who have been blessings in the lives of the Johnsons.

---Jeff

(PS.  JaNae, I can't believe you snuck a post in right before this one!  You must have read my thoughts... again!)


1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful for those who are there helping you all! I am so grateful-

    ReplyDelete